Wiki by Gilad Feldman.
Contact me for any questions or requests.
Probably the most frequently used scale for racism, but IMHO long overdue for a replacement.
Adopted from this online version. Scale is from 1 (Strongly Disagree) to 5 (Strongly Agree) :
- Over the past few years, Blacks have gotten more economically than they deserve.
- Over the past few years, the government and news media have shown more respect for Blacks than they deserve.
- It is easy to understand the anger of Black people in America.
- Discrimination against Blacks is no longer a problem in the United States.
- Blacks are getting too demanding in their push for equal rights.
- Blacks should not push themselves where they are not wanted.
McConahay, J. B. (1986). Modern racism, ambivelance, and the modern racism scale. In J. F. Dovidio & S. L. Gaertner (Eds.), Prejudice, discrimination and racism(pp. 91- 126). New York: Academic.