Life satisfaction scales
The satisfaction with life scale
By Diener, Emmons, Larsen, & Griffin, (1985, JPA) :
- In most ways my life is close to my ideal.
- The conditions of my life are excellent.
- I am satisfied with my life
- So far I have gotten the important things I want in life.
- If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.
Using the 1-7 scale below, indicate your agreement with each item by placing the ap- propriate number on the line preceding that item. Please be open and honest in your responding. The 7-point scale is: 1 =strongly disagree, 2 = dis- agree, 3 = slightly disagree, 4 = neither agree nor disagree, 5 =slightly agree, 6 =agree, 7 =strongly agree.
originally on a 7-scale, but Judge etal 1998 ran using using a scale ranging from 0 (strongly disagree) to 10 (strongly agree)