Dual-Level Transformational Leadership (TFL) Scale
The Individual-Focused TFL Subscale (18 Items)
Communicating high expectations (five items):
- Encourages me to set high goals for myself.
- Communicates high performance expectations to me.
- Shows confidence in my ability to meet performance expectations.
- Demonstrates total confidence in me.
- Encourages me to live up to my potential.
Follower development (five items):
- Helps me develop my strengths.
- Suggests training to improve my ability to carry out my job.
- Provides me with developmental experiences.
- Provides feedback to help me develop my abilities.
- Provides coaching to help me improve my job performance.
Intellectual stimulation (four items):
- Gets me to look at problems from many different angles.
- Challenges me to think about old problems in new ways.
- Challenges me to be innovative in my approach to work assignments.
- Encourages me to be an independent thinker.
Personal recognition (four items):
- Commends me when I achieve my goals.
- Gives me positive feedback when I perform well.
- Gives me special recognition when my work is very good.
- Acknowledges improvement in my quality of work.
The Group-Focused TFL Subscale (16 Items)
Emphasizing group identity (five items):
- Encourages team members to take pride in our team.
- Says things that make us feel proud to be members of this team.
- Says positive things about the team.
- Encourages others to place the interests of the team ahead of their own interests.
- Emphasizes the uniqueness of the team.
Communicating a group vision b (six items):
- Articulates a compelling vision of the future for our team.
- Talks optimistically about the future of our team.
- Talks enthusiastically about what needs to be accomplished by our team.
- Communicates a clear direction of where our team is going.
Team-building (five items):
- Fosters collaboration among team members.
- Encourages group members to be “team players.”
- Develops a team attitude and spirit4. among team members.
- Gets the team to work togethe5. r for the same goal.
- Resolves friction among team members in the interest of teamwork.