Choice Regret Scale
Schwartz, Barry, Ward, Andrew, Monterosso, John, Lyubomirsky, Sonja, White, Katherine, & Lehman, Darrin R. (2002). Maximizing versus satisficing: Happiness is a matter of choice. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol 83(5), 1178-1197. doi: 10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1998
- Whenever I make a choice, I’m curious about what would have happened if I had chosen differently.
- Whenever I make a choice, I try to get information about how the other alternatives turned out.
- If I make a choice and it turns out well, I still feel like something of a failure if I find out that another choice
- would have turned out better.
- When I think about how I’m doing in life, I often assess opportunities I have passed up.
- Once I make a decision, I don’t look back. (R)