Action Inaction scales
Belief in Action
- Action is important in people's lives.
- Being active all the time can lead to sickness. (R)
- Action is essential for life.
- The pressure to do things makes people do bad things. (R)
- Action leads to burnout. (R)
- Active human beings are what societies need.
- Actions contribute to society.
- Being active makes people happy.
Belief in Inaction
- Inaction is important in people's lives.
- Being inactive is morally questionable. (R)
- Inaction is necessary in one’s life.
- Inaction is the source of many evils. (R)
- Relaxing decreases your productivity.
- Being inactive makes you lazy. (R)
- Being inactive makes you thoughtful.
- Inaction offers no contribution to society. (R)
- Inaction offers many benefits.
- Being relaxed makes people happy.
Attitudes in Action
- I am often interested in finding ways to act.
- I would rather engage in activities than do nothing.
- Being active is pleasant.
- Action is good.
- Being active is unpleasant.(R)
- Action is bad. (R)
- Being always “on the go” is bad. (R)
Attitudes in Inaction
- I am often interested in finding ways to relax.
- I would rather enjoy peace and quiet than have to do things.
- Being inactive is pleasant.
- Inaction is good.
- Being inactive is unpleasant. (R)
- Inaction is bad.
- Being laid back most of the time is problematic. (R)